Senior Research Officer
Following a career in the financial industry, supporting vulnerable customers with mental health problems to manage their finances and advocating for them, Nikki joined Money and Mental Health on a six month internship. Prior to this she worked in social care with disadvantaged and marginalised groups. Nikki has a passion for financial inclusion, challenging the stigma of mental health, and raising awareness of the link between problem debt and mental health. (she/her)
Policy notes and publications
- A fit-for-purpose managed migration process: safeguarding claimants with mental health problems in the move to Universal Credit September 12, 2022 -
- Not a Secondary Issue March 31, 2022 - Examining the extent to which people in secondary mental health care face financial difficulty.
- Recommissioning debt advice services: meeting the needs of people with mental health problems December 17, 2021 - Making the case for the Money and Pensions Service to protect face-to-face debt advice.
- Mind the Income gap September 22, 2020 - Exploring the long term factors which have lead to the mental health income gap.
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to the Department of Health and Social Care’s call for evidence on the 10-Year Plan for Mental Health July 27, 2022 -
- Submission to the Department for Work & Pensions Health and Disability Green Paper consultation: Shaping Future Support October 8, 2021 -
- Submission to the Department for Work & Pensions call for evidence and good practice on in-work progression December 18, 2020 -
- Work and Pensions Committee’s inquiry on Universal Credit: the wait for a first payment April 21, 2020 -
- Commissioning debt advice that is accessible to people with mental health problems October 5, 2022 -
- Threatening benefit sanctions isn’t the way to help people with mental health problems into work September 22, 2022 -
- How to fix managed migration and ensure no one gets cut off from their benefits September 12, 2022 -
- Putting financial wellbeing at the core of the new 10-year plan for mental health and the national suicide prevention plan July 28, 2022 -