Interim Head of Research and Policy
Following a career in the financial industry, supporting vulnerable customers with mental health problems to manage their finances and advocating for them, Nikki joined Money and Mental Health on a six month internship. Prior to this she worked in social care with disadvantaged and marginalised groups. Nikki has a passion for financial inclusion, challenging the stigma of mental health, and raising awareness of the link between problem debt and mental health. (she/her)
Policy notes and publications
- A fit-for-purpose managed migration process: safeguarding claimants with mental health problems in the move to Universal Credit September 12, 2022 -
- Not a Secondary Issue March 31, 2022 - Examining the extent to which people in secondary mental health care face financial difficulty.
- Recommissioning debt advice services: meeting the needs of people with mental health problems December 17, 2021 - Making the case for the Money and Pensions Service to protect face-to-face debt advice.
- Mind the Income gap September 22, 2020 - Exploring the long term factors which have lead to the mental health income gap.
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s Request for Information on Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space April 12, 2023 - Money and Mental Health’s submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s Request for Information on […]
- Money and Mental Health submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s call for evidence on debt advice clients with deficit budgets December 1, 2022 - Money and Mental Health submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s call for evidence on […]
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to HM Treasury’s Statutory Debt Repayment Plan Consultation July 29, 2022 -
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to the Department of Health and Social Care’s call for evidence on the 10-Year Plan for Mental Health July 27, 2022 -
- New ONS data: the mental health impact of the cost of living crisis February 22, 2023 -
- Supporting customers with fluctuating mental capacity to make financial decisions January 30, 2023 -
- How Advance Choice Documents would help put autonomy and choice at the heart of the government’s Mental Health Bill January 24, 2023 -
- Making debt advice accessible to people with serious mental health problems October 27, 2022 -