Interim Head of Research and Policy
Following a career in the financial industry, supporting vulnerable customers with mental health problems to manage their finances and advocating for them, Nikki joined Money and Mental Health on a six month internship. Prior to this she worked in social care with disadvantaged and marginalised groups. Nikki has a passion for financial inclusion, challenging the stigma of mental health, and raising awareness of the link between problem debt and mental health. (she/her)
Policy notes and publications
- Too much information? November 16, 2023 - Exploring opportunities and challenges presented by vulnerability data-sharing.
- The pensions maze June 6, 2023 - Achieving better retirements for people with mental health problems.
- A fit-for-purpose managed migration process September 12, 2022 - Safeguarding claimants with mental health problems in the move to Universal Credit.
- Not a Secondary Issue March 31, 2022 - Examining the extent to which people in secondary mental health care face financial difficulty.
- Money and Mental Health and the ESRC Centre for Society and Mental Health’s joint submission to the Department for Health and Social Care’s major conditions strategy: call for evidence June 26, 2023 - Joint views on how the DHSC and wider government departments can better support people with mental ill health by addressing the financial circumstances that can exacerbate people's existing mental health problems.
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s Request for Information on Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space April 12, 2023 - Money and Mental Health's view on proposals for expanding the Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space service.
- Money and Mental Health submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s call for evidence on debt advice clients with deficit budgets December 1, 2022 - Money and Mental Health submission to the Money and Pensions Service’s call for evidence on […]
- Money and Mental Health’s submission to HM Treasury’s Statutory Debt Repayment Plan Consultation July 29, 2022 -
- Routine enquiry: How asking about money problems could help thousands more people with mental health problems recover each year October 16, 2023
- It’s time to join up money advice and mental health support during the cost-of-living crisis July 21, 2023
- The pensions maze: experiences of retirement planning for people with mental health problems June 6, 2023
- New ONS data: the mental health impact of the cost of living crisis February 22, 2023