As CEO, Helen leads Money and Mental Health to deliver our mission: to build a world in which the vicious cycle of money and mental health problems is broken. Helen was a core part of the founding team at Money and Mental Health, running the organisation’s communications and influencing work before becoming CEO two years ago. A passionate campaigner, her proudest moment so far was the team winning the ‘Recovery Space’ campaign, securing debt respite for everyone using NHS mental health crisis services.
Helen has significant experience working across the third sector and in policy and politics – previously leading Mind’s policy and campaigns work on public mental health and social care, campaigning with young care leavers and people who are homeless, and working as a political researcher. Helen is an independent advisor to the UK Regulator’s Network, sits on the advisory group to the board of the Money and Pensions Service, the UK Finance Consumer Advisory Group, the Government’s Financial Inclusion Policy Forum and the advisory board for suicide prevention charity Jonathan’s Voice. (she/her) @helen_undy
Policy notes and publications
- It ain’t (just) what you do it’s the way that you do it June 8, 2021 -
- How to close the mental health income gap February 3, 2021 -
- To “build back better”, we need to tackle the inequalities exposed by the pandemic December 18, 2020 -
- Mental health, Covid and the Spending Review: let’s not go back to ‘normal’ November 27, 2020 -
- Mental health is at the heart of the UK’s new Strategy for Financial Wellbeing January 21, 2020 -