Senior Research Officer
Following a career in the financial industry, supporting vulnerable customers with mental health problems to manage their finances and advocating for them, Nikki joined Money and Mental Health on a six month internship. Prior to this she worked in social care with disadvantaged and marginalised groups. Nikki has a passion for financial inclusion, challenging the stigma of mental health, and raising awareness of the link between problem debt and mental health. (she/her)
Policy notes and publications
- Mind the Income gap September 22, 2020 - Exploring the long term factors which have lead to the mental health income gap.
- Help Along the Way July 21, 2020 - Exploring the challenges that people with mental health problems face when accessing free debt advice.
- The benefits assault course March 4, 2019 - Improving access to the benefits system for people with mental health problems
- Informal borrowing and mental health problems May 10, 2018 -
- Submission to the Department for Work & Pensions call for evidence and good practice on in-work progression December 18, 2020 -
- Work and Pensions Committee’s inquiry on Universal Credit: the wait for a first payment April 21, 2020 -
- Gambling on credit cards May 16, 2019 - Nikki Bond, Research Officer, Money and Mental Health Gambling on credit cards 16 May 2019 […]
- Personal health and integrated health budgets June 8, 2018 - Nikki Bond, Research Assistant, Money and Mental Health Department of Health & Social Care consultation […]
- What’s the relationship between ethnicity and the mental health income gap? January 7, 2021 -
- Mind the mental health income gap September 22, 2020 -
- Making free debt advice accessible to people with mental health problems July 23, 2020 -
- Event catch-up: Sharing our benefits and income research with Parliament June 24, 2020 -