Senior Research Officer
Merlyn Holkar is a Senior Research Officer at the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute. Much of Merlyn’s research focuses on essential services – including financial services, energy and telecoms – and how well these sectors work for people with mental health problems. Merlyn also manages our Research Community, a group of over 5,000 people with experience of mental health problems who are at the heart of everything we do. Outside of work, Merlyn enjoys playing football and hiking. (he/him) @ItsMerlyn
Policy notes and publications
- Safety Net March 17, 2021 -
- Convenience at a cost November 10, 2020 - Exploring the aspects of online shopping that are putting those experiencing mental health problems at risk of financial harm.
- Help Along the Way July 21, 2020 - Exploring the challenges that people with mental health problems face when accessing free debt advice.
- Data protecting October 22, 2019 - Using financial data to support customers
- Response to the FCA’s call for input on the review into change and innovation in the unsecured credit market December 1, 2020 -
- FCA guidance on temporary financial relief for customers impacted by coronavirus April 8, 2020 -
- Advancing our health: prevention in the 2020s October 14, 2019 - Merlyn Holkar, Senior Research Officer, Money and Mental Health Cabinet Office and Department of Health […]
- Draft Guidance for firms on the fair treatment of vulnerable customers October 11, 2019 - Katie Alpin, Head of Research and Policy, and Merlyn Holkar, Senior Research Officer, Money and […]
- A safer net – reducing online harm for people with mental health problems March 17, 2021 -
- Online shopping and mental health November 10, 2020 -
- 3 takeaways from our recent webinar on online gambling and mental health August 13, 2020 -
- Introducing our new checklist for debt advice services August 12, 2020 -